A Law Firm
Whitecollars, Recruitment, HR Services, Administrative Coordinator, UK tech co
Our client is a combination of in-country value and international expertise. Their senior lawyers have more than 35 years of experience in the legal profession.
Our client is a law firm that is seeking an experienced legal administrative coordinator to join their team and deliver efficient and high-quality administrative, secretarial, and practice-specific services to partners, legal practitioners, and others. The ideal candidate should have a strong work ethic and a genuine interest in working for a law firm
Responsibilities: The key duties of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Appropriately screening calls, resolving simple queries wherever possible, taking and relaying messages promptly, and redirecting queries when necessary.
- Creating and amending typed documents such as letters, emails, memos, contracts, agreements, presentations, and pitch documents using version control and tracking changes.
- Developing and monitoring cases and documentation to serve clients and legal practitioners.
- Managing payments to vendors, maintaining facilities and office supply budgets, and overseeing other expenses necessary to the firm’s day-to-day operations.
- Overseeing billing and supervising external accounting service providers.
- Managing monthly billing processes and specific client invoicing requirements, including drafting and circulating invoices, distributing invoices to clients, and necessary weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting responsibilities for key clients.
- Supporting the client matter intake process.
- Processing expense claims and cheque requisitions.
- Undertaking conflict searching.
- Producing narratives, creating glossaries, etc., for time entry.
- Screening and organizing correspondence (with email and regular postal mail), as per requests.
- Supporting partners and legal practitioners in setting up meetings, events, and managing expenses.
- Building positive client relationships through effective communication, establishing trust, and maintaining confidentiality.
- Organizing couriers, conferences and functions, travel and accommodation, and internal and external meetings (including room, car spaces, catering, invitations, etc.).
- Assisting with the organizing and conducting of client events, meetings, and social functions for the firm’s legal practitioners.
- Managing the partners’ calendars and schedules and keeping informed of the partners’ whereabouts at all times.
- Assisting in preparing and distributing documentation to the legal practitioners prior to critical dates (e.g. meetings, court proceedings, settlements, etc.).
- Identifying, opening, generating, maintaining, labelling, updating, and closing files according to the task and the firm’s requirements.
- Managing various ongoing projects as required.
- A degree in business management or a related field.
- A minimum of five years of experience in an administrative or operations-related role working in a professional services environment.
- Experience working with partners/senior executives in a professional services firm.
- Previous experience in a managerial role.
Technical & Personal Skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with databases and case management software.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to prepare specialized written materials.
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
- Strong judgment and ability to make well-reasoned independent decisions.
- Advanced understanding of strategic marketing and communications.
- Self-motivated and independent, able to work with minimum supervision.
- Comfortable working across multiple cultures.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including a pleasant nature and the ability to influence others.
- High degree of attention to detail.
Good to have:
References: Two references on the candidate should accompany the resume for consideration. One of these should be from a personal non-familial connection who has known the candidate well for a minimum of three years. The other should be from a professional service practitioner who has supervised the candidate’s work for at least two years. Please note that the firm may wish to contact either or both referees by telephone on a confidential basis at an appropriate stage in the hiring process.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.