Our client is one of the leading companies in the Oil & Energy industry with 60 years of experience throughout the full chain of industrial construction including all aspects of building in addition to a strong background in the pipeline and steel fabrication field.
- Advice executive management of relevant regulatory standards, trends, and contractual requirements related to safety, health, and environmental protection, which may or are essential in carrying out business operations/activities.
- Anticipate, identity, predict and evaluate potentially hazardous conditions and work practices, in respect of current and future operations through available information sources e.g. performance record, historical data, research, work experience/completed projects, etc.
- Review/evaluate, in conjunction with concerned specialists/competent persons or technical staff or other outside related organizations (if required), existing or potential safety, health, and environmental problems and issues that may concern or have the potential impact on the company’s operations or employees’ welfare.
- Formulate and prescribe engineering/administrative hazard controls through the development of job-specific safety procedures, programs, manuals, policies, and guidelines and integrate them into the work system or practice, to prevent, nullify or reduce the probability of, if not eliminated, all identified and reasonably foreseeable hazardous conditions and practices.
- Direct and administer the implementation of hazard controls and programs within the organization, in conjunction with the management in all levels including planning, design, and purchasing, and line supervision, to effectively cause and maintain the desired compliance.
- Evaluate measure and audit the effectiveness of the hazard control programs and preventive measures in place, through universally accepted techniques, principles, and guidelines. Provide the executive management, responsible entities, and individuals with the results of the effectiveness assessment, for their respective management and appropriate actions.
- Evaluate and interpret safety statistical data related to occupational injuries/illnesses, accidents/incidents, evaluate their trends and identify causes, formulate and implement appropriate permanent preventive and control measures through management in all levels and line supervision.
- Review and approve safety-related technical bid submittal requirements e.g. safety execution plans, statistics, programs, and similar job-specific pertinent information, in conformance to clients’ standards or work requirements.
- Participate in job-prerequisite site surveys/hazards identification tours with clients, as necessary in developing job-specific safety programs or work procedures for new projects.
- Develop and issue client-approved job-specific overall safety plans/programs to new projects and cause required compliance of project workforce therewith, through site management and line supervision
- Develop customized safety training programs and materials, specifically suitable to job requirements and current practices such as rigging safety, scaffolding safety, hazard recognition/hazard communication, lock-out / tag-out, fire safety, confined spaces, and the like, to enhance safety awareness of site employees.
- Evaluate technical and scientific publications concerning safety management, and participate in activities or related professional organizations, to keep abreast of and update knowledge on current practices and trends in the field of safety, health, and environmental protection.
- Attend technical clarification meetings, kick-off meetings, pre-qualification meetings with clients and represent the company in all safety-related matters, as and when required.
- Qualify/appoint safety personnel for new projects including sub-contractor safety representatives, if any.
- Oversee overall implementation of the corporate and client—approved project-specific safety/loss prevention program and related policies/procedures on all projects, and ensure that satisfactory compliance of workforce is observed.
- Comply with the highest level of safety during all stages of work to avoid any type of incidents and or accidents. Take reasonable care of your health and safety and that of others in the workplace.
- Comply with all statutory requirements connected with the implementation of the project.
- Minimum of 8 years continuous and recent experience in a similar position in the construction refinery and petrochemical industry.
- The Middle East and Aramco experience are required.
- Must be familiar with Saudi Aramco Construction, Safety Manual, and other Safety-related Standards.
- OSHA, NEBOSH, IOSH Managing Safely.
- Microsoft Office, preferably word and Excel spreadsheets, E-mails, and other Window-Based applications.
- University/College Graduate, Diploma in Industrial Safety of Occupational Safety and Health.