E-Commerce Operations Manager
Posted 1 year ago
A small, fast-paced, E-commerce company that operates in several locations and works with employees across the U.S. They have a large portfolio of products such as home goods, health and wellness, and entertainment product niches, and they are continually bringing new products to market
- Develop business processes to help facilitate growth and enhance operations across the business.
- Manage day-to-day operational functions, including Procurement, Administrative Department, Production, Shipping, and warehouse operations.
- Lead a team of 15 employees to fulfill all needs of the business.
- Oversee administration of the business, including the offices of Human Resources, Accounting and Legal.
- Lead end-to-end execution of logistics and order fulfillment activities, guaranteeing accurate and timely fulfillment and delivery.
- Leverage data and manage key metrics to provide insights and recommendations on improving system efficiencies. Lead improvement efforts across the business.
- Ensure SOPs and SLAs are established for Operations and Administration, documented, trained, followed, and maintained.
- Research industry best practices to develop and implement new and innovative ways to provide service and delivery to our customers.
- Tackle abstract issues and solve complex problems with a structured data-driven approach and innovative mindset in a fast-paced environment.
- Build relationships within the company that ensures function is closely tied to the objectives of each department.
- Manage projects, plan and conduct meetings and presentations, and support company objectives.’
- Oversee product development office, sourcing plans, and performance management structure for direct reports.
- Work closely with the employees to identify new business opportunities, outline plans and take the actions to achieve the company’s goals.
- Lead all inventory processes.
- Outline plans and executes hiring and training.
- Oversee function workload, project assignments, and deliverables.
- Supply Chain Management, Supplier Relations, Logistics, and Pricing Negotiations
- Set the standard for the team by leading by example in the following areas: attitude, maturity, productivity, collaboration, efficiency, speed, prioritization, and communication.
- 5+ years of work experience in a management role.
- Knowledge of order fulfillment from production, supply chain management and shipping perspectives.
- Ambitious, self-starter with a winner’s mindset.
- Experience in all supply chain cycles within the E-commerce industry including, procurement, logistics and inventory management are preferable.
- Knowledge of product development and sourcing is a big plus.
- Ambitious self-starter.
- Outstanding leadership skills.
- Business acumen.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to develop and execute processes.
- Growth and success-driven thought process.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Analytical & critical thinking skills.
- Attention to details.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Internet technologies & software services.
- Project management.
- Results-oriented manager.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, “self-starter” environment.
- Team player with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Energetic and enthusiastic – has a sense of urgency.
- Ability to multi-task and meet simultaneous tight deadlines.
- Has the ability to thrive in a challenging environment where priorities often change.
- Passionate about the customer and all elements of the customer experience.
- Flexibility to manage a business that can operate 24/7/365.
- A desire to continually learn, improve and go the extra mile.
- An attitude of accountability and excellence.