Operations Manager (Hospitality)
Posted 1 year ago
One of Oman’s Largest hospitality companies with Several branches within the Gulf Area. The company’s main goal is to create outstanding local restaurants with international standards that offer the best quality of service.
- Plan the delivery of all services in outlets, including food; beverage; ambiance, and service elements.
- Through regular review of customer preferences; influence the development of the restaurants and services through active liaison with the other departments.
- Constantly seek customer feedback and opportunities to develop high-quality service in the outlets.
- Make sure outlets have sufficient staff by managing their rosters and leave effectively.
- Provide on-job coaching and guidance to team members, managing their performance to ensure a smooth operation.
- Arrange for timely and detailed briefing sessions for downward communication of product/service changes and for sharing of learning from service recovery actions of the recent past.
- Establish a restaurant business plan by surveying restaurant demand; conferring with people in the community; identifying and evaluating competitors; preparing financial, marketing, and sales projections, analyses, and estimates.
- Meet restaurant financial objectives by developing financing; establishing relationships; preparing strategic and annual forecasts and budgets; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions; establishing and monitoring financial controls; developing and implementing strategies to increase average meal checks.
- Control purchases and inventory by meeting with the Finance Team; negotiating prices and contracts; developing preferred supplier lists; reviewing and evaluating usage reports; analyzing variances; taking corrective actions.
- Maintain operations by Following policies and standard operating procedures; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; determining and implementing system improvements.
- Maintain customers satisfaction by monitoring, evaluating, and auditing food, beverage, and service offerings; initiating improvements.
- Responsible for the presentation of all products e.g. food and beverages; magazines are consistently maintained.
- Accomplish restaurants’ human resource objectives by orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining staff; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Maintain a safe and healthy facility environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with health and legal regulations; maintaining security systems.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in the restaurant industry; attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, and participating in professional societies.
- Accomplish company goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- +5 years of experience at a managerial level at an international franchise or local chain with a minimum of 10 branches in the country.
- Able to demonstrate exceptional leadership and strategic management.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.