Governance Secretary – Part-time
Our client is a prominent organization offering specialized education, training, personal development, and residential services for individuals with physical and learning disabilities, as well as acquired brain injuries.
As the Governance Secretary, you’ll be at the heart of elevating coordination and providing crucial support for governance activities. This pivotal role strengthens our unwavering commitment to transparency, accountability, and streamlined decision-making processes.
As the Governance Secretary your primary responsibilities include:
- Providing high-level administrative and secretarial support to the organization’s governing bodies and committees.
- Ensuring effective governance and the smooth operation of board and committee meetings.
- Working closely with the Board of Trustees, Board of Governors, and established Sub-Committees.
- Implementing annual work plans, drafting agendas, organizing meetings, keeping accurate records, and monitoring agreed actions.
- Acting as the Clerk to the Boards and Committees, serving as the first point of contact for all issues related to corporate governance support.
- Ensuring governance activities align with the agreed Articles of Association and Terms of Reference.
- Developing necessary reporting processes and providing support to the Senior Management Team.
- Proven knowledge and experience in a similar governance or company secretarial role, preferably within the non-profit education or charity sector.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills with a keen eye for detail, managing multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills, fostering positive relationships with volunteer board and committee members, and other stakeholders.
- Sound knowledge of governance principles, legal requirements, and best practices relevant to the charity and non-profit sector.
- Proficiency in minute-taking and record-keeping.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of integrity, professionalism, and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Fantastic career development opportunities with a comprehensive induction program.
- Staff minibus from Cheltenham and Gloucester to the Ullenwood site (Monday to Friday).
- Award-winning training, access to fitness suite and swimming pool, and staff clubs.
- Westfield medical cover and life insurance.
- Employee helpline, contributory pension scheme, and the opportunity to purchase a TOTUM discount card.
- Employee discounts at attractions, high street retailers, supermarkets, utilities, and motoring.