Service Desk Engineer
Our client is a prominent service provider specializing in Microsoft Golf partner management, catering to a diverse clientele of hundreds of SMEs and Small Enterprises throughout the Northwest. The company excels in delivering comprehensive solutions, both in the cloud and on-premise. Their proficiency extends to various areas, including IT support, telecoms, cybersecurity, disaster recovery, and more.
In this role, you’ll be required to pay constant attention to details. you’re responsible for handling customer inquiries and complaints and providing technical support for our client’s services. You must be able to quickly assess each situation you encounter and determine the best course of action to take. You may need to troubleshoot problems with hardware or software, explain how to use certain features, or provide information about upcoming changes to our client’s services.
As a Service Desk Engineer, you will install, support, upgrade, and resolve any issues within our client’s company on their technology and services. You will take ownership of issues, reporting and routing issues to support staff.
General duties will include:
- Respond to and prioritize IT-related tickets from end-users
- Ensure timely resolution of issues by service level agreements.
- Handle phone calls related to IT problems and provide effective solutions.
- Communicate technical information clearly to non-technical users.
- Maintain a customer-focused approach, ensuring positive interactions with end-users.
- Accurately triage technical requests to appropriate levels within the IT support structure.
- Collaborate with the Service Desk Team to escalate complex issues.
- Participate in an on-call rota for out-of-hours support, typically one week every 3 to 4 months.
- Respond promptly to critical issues during on-call periods.
Qualifications and Licensing:
- Possess a valid UK driving license.
- Demonstrate two years of practical experience in IT support.
- Work collaboratively with a team of 12 engineers within the Service Desk.
- Share knowledge and contribute to overall team performance.
- Two years experience in end-user support
- Excellent customer service skills
- High level of interpersonal skills
- An ability to accurately triage technical requests
- A valid UK driving license
Our client has an engagement policy with perks and benefits, including:
- Tools to get the job done – A new high-spec Dell laptop and mobile phone expenses
- Cashback Healthcare Plan
- Career and personal development
- Annual away day for feedback and positive change
- Fun CSR activities, a friendly environment, and a relaxed workplace
- Social days/evenings
- Hot lunch on the last Friday of every month, with a catered-for-style lunch every quarter
- Xmas parties (which are on another level!)
- Weekly fruit basket, tea, coffee, and fruit juice provided
- Inpowa – employee reward system – prizes for the great work you do
- Annual Incremental holidays (maximum of 5 extra days after 3 years’ service)
- Ability to purchase holidays
- Long service rewards and awards
- Pension Scheme
- Career Progression policy of internal recruitment over external